AGENCY AND SUPPLY SERVICE
Navi Group is representing the ship’s owner and charterer (the Principal) in port. The shipping agent is responsible for arranging a berth, all required port and husbandry services, looking after the needs of the Master and crew, clearing the ship with the port and other authorities, preparation and submission of appropriate documentation, along with releasing or receiving cargo on behalf of the Principal.
Port Agency Services
The shipping agency is often referred to as the port agency or port agent and carries out the following:
- Booking vessel in and out of the port, and arranging the pilot and tugboat services
- Submitting information on crew and any passengers to the local immigration authorities
- Completion of all relevant vessel clearance documentation
- Advising Customs of the ship’s arrival and reporting the cargo on board
- Supervision of loading and discharging of cargo and the safe handling of containers, break-bulk and bulk liquids
- Ship’s husbandry
- Crew changes and repatriation, immigration documentation and onward travel arrangements
- Handling ship services including fuel, repairs and maintenance
- Sourcing of supplies and spare parts
Shipping agencies come in all shapes and sizes from small family run businesses to large global organizations. At John Good Logistics, along with our subsidiaries Dan Shipping and Chartering and Bay Shipping, we offer port agency services at ports throughout the UK that provide a personal and caring service to vessels, their crew and cargo.
Liner Agency Services
Another service often associated with Shipping Agency services is Liner Agency Services. Most major carriers have a network of liner agents in the key locations served by their services, and their primary function is to secure bookings of shipping space from local shippers. Liner agencies are therefore responsible for the sales and marketing of the shipping line and provide additional services such as vessel operations, container tracking, haulage, documentation and crew transfers.
At John Good Logistics, we’ve been providing marketing leading shipping agency services including port agency and liner agency services since 1833. For more details about how we can support your business, contact our friendly team.
Navi Group are sales and shipping agency and distributor for a variety of highly respected Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) in the world wide. We open market opportunities and we deliver superior solutions that meet the customer needs in terms of quality and price. Through Marketing and Business Development activities we establish both a local footprint and brand awareness for the suppliers that we represent.
Our access to a global supply base enables our team to source and supply specific products and solutions including provisions, spare parts, safety related items, etc… as a new and refurbished rolling stock. Our source and supply service can be contracted on either an adhoc basis or for continuous supply.